Monday, May 25, 2020

Inger in May

I wanted to post a little update about additions I've made to the blog. I have spent the last several weeks joyfully immersed in Inger as much as time has allowed. I've been watching The Farmer's Daughter, browsing old newspaper articles on Inger online and reading William T. Patterson's biography on her for the third time. I had forgotten some interesting anecdotes and little facts that were in the biography and it was a joy to revisit.

Using Patterson's book and the newspaper interviews of Inger I have saved, I was able to create a detailed year-by-year timeline of Inger's life. I also added more information about Inger's hobbies and interests to the Facts/Timeline section. You can see the Facts/Timeline page by clicking here. I also updated the Quotes page here.

I know that Inger's untimely death often draws people into her story, but I hope that this blog will help people get acquainted with her fascinating life. The mystery and tragedy of her death is undeniable. Inger's lust for life, her integrity and the talent she shared with the world are all just as undeniable. With the anniversary of her death in April, I was feeling deeply emotional about the loss and wishing for what might have been. I'm so happy that I spent May revisiting her life and all of the fun, quirky elements of her personality. 

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by the blog since I started it last October! Many more posts to come and don't forget there are also the following pages on the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment